Friday, February 1, 2013

Crafting Away the Blues

Howdy!  Just a quick update.  My chemo is going well, with only occasional sickness.  Doc says this round is really strong stuff so as long as my white cell counts stay good I will keep getting the maximum dose for my size. I just have to manage the side effects.

I am having fun hanging out with my family, they take such good care of me.  I am literally crafting away the blues.  I've carved a few stamps and now I am trying different crochet patterns.  Keeping my hands and mind busy helps me pass the time in such a positive way.  When I finished a recent crochet project, I actually giggled with pride.  There is such a boost that comes from creating something.  I am using that to lighten my load and my life.  So I leave trails of stamp shavings, paper scraps and bits of yarn but my family doesn't seem to mind, whew.

So let's take a look at what my camera witnessed this week.

My latest stamps.  I love the tree and the camping lantern.



I like the crocheting river rocks trend that I've seen online, I had to try it.
I crocheted two glass stones as an experiment, I like the dark blue color.


I've tried a few patterns on the rocks, so fun seeing how they turn out.  I am going to leave a few of them at the park to give away.


I enjoy nature.  I love how the stones bring crafting and nature together.
I even tried a pinecone cozy.  Funny right. 


We've been eating a lot of fruit.  The red fruit is Aujou pears.  So good.



When we go for walks, Esteban helps me pick up pieces of nature that inspire me.


Here is my handsome husband near the community center and park where we walk.



I wanted to take some pictures with two of my favorite nurses, but they were too busy.  So here I am at the hospital getting the juice of life.  I love the tiny tv's that are hanging on an arm.  We can each watch what we want while we wait.  I made the hat too, that orange color is one of my favorites.


I leave you with a touch of Luci Love.  I made that pillow and she keeps putting her head on it, she even twists around so she is positioned over it correctly.  It is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.



Have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the update on your current journey. Prayers lifted and positive energy continues to be sent your way. Your new projects are great. I'm so glad that you are keeping your hands and mind occupied with your creative arts! You are an inspiration in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those stamps. I must be really hungry right now because they look like cookies and I want to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, I am so glad you are blogging. Called the other day and left a message. Glad you posted pics. Keep up the fight and the crafting. Sending lots of love from SA to AZ.

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.