Thursday, May 24, 2012

He Made This!

I mentioned in our very first post that we would like to share some of the things we have made or are making. Well today is the day and I plan to make this a regular post.  I will start with two items that I love that Sebastian made for me.  Sebastian recently turned 19, but the first item I want to show he made in the fourth grade I believe. The orange mask was made with paper mache molded over a milk carton to get the shape. Sebastian then painted the mask and added a feather with a few beads.  I love the color and just the way it looks. We have had it hung up many times through the years, but it now guards the window in my room.  I love looking at it every day.  Sometimes I imagine little boy Sebastian huddled over it in art class. Priceless.  The second item he made as a senior in ceramics class.  The picture does not do it justice, it is a very beautiful shape with hand molded feet and that color dripping over! It may be my favorite color of all time, what a spectacular light blue green. I keep my scissors in it and enjoy seeing it every day.
The last photo is pure fun.  Yesterday, Sebastian started a new project to punch letters into a blank dog tag.  I got the idea to metal stamp jewelry tags online at the I Spy DIY blog (love this blog, more about it later;).  I was able to get the supplies on sale little by little over the last few months.  Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joann's each seem to be sending out one item at 40% off coupons every few weeks.  We have a Michaels less than 2 miles away, so I go there most often. But I was able to get to a Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and they had the best metal jewelry stamping supplies I have seen so far.  We now have what we need to practice so we can get the letters all aligned.  I would like to eventually offer prestamped and custom stamped metal jewelry in our Etsy shop, but we have a bit of practice and planning to do first;) Let me know if you have any cool ideas about what to stamp.  I am thinking great short quotes and funny ones too. 
Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.