Tuesday, May 29, 2012

LOVE Sick

Before we go any further I have to say as a family and as individuals we have things we love.  But my little family has a funny saying when we REALLY love something, we say "you are sick with it".  For example: "You are sick with M&Ms right now Mom." This is Isabel trying not to call me a pig when I have melted M&M stains around my mouth. So liking something way too much means you are sick with that thing.  I wanted to let you know about a few things we are sick with right now (we were not compensated to endorse anything on this post, we wish;), here goes:
Whole Family LOVE Sickness:
Luci:  Each of us has a special bond with our dog Luci. Maybe because we have had challenging times and she has really been there to love us all through it. What ever the reason, Luci is at the center of our universe and we each feel lucky to be part of the team taking care of her. All four of us list her as our #1 sickness.
Chick Fil A:  We love it so much our family budget and calendar has Chick Fil A built in for twice a month.  The Chick Fil A sauce is the best sauce in the entire universe.
Sweet Tea:  I remembered how to brew sweet tea and cooked up a batch about 6 months ago, since then Isabel and I cannot make enough.  I taught her how and now I love it when she does a batch on her own, she gets all puffed up and proud.
Pumpernickel Bread:  There is something so earthy about this dark bread, a loaf is gone in a day or so. 
NetFlix and Hulu Plus:  We ditched cable over a year ago and got NetFlix. Now we also have Hulu Plus.  I was paying more than $75 a month for cable (gold cables?) and now at about $16 ($8 each) a month and we feel like we are way better off and see fewer commercials to boot. I find we do much less vegging out in front of the TV and more watching exactly what we want.
Tempe Marketplace:  We live in Tempe Arizona, a few miles from ASU.  Nearby there is an open air shopping center that is very nice. There are misters (water turned to mist and sprayed down on people) throughout as well as fire features, a water fountain and seating areas with umbrellas. It has a giant Harkins Theatre, Target (with groceries!), Michaels (my fave), Best Buy and all those places that kids like to go.  We go there for outings, sometimes all together like to the movies, or to get a few groceries or the kids meet up with friends there.


chick-fil-a

Frances' LOVE Sickness:
Chocolate M&Ms:  Yes, I do regularly get M&M stains on my hands and mouth. 
Waffle Fries:  I know I have Chick Fil A listed above, but I am sick specifically with the waffle fries.  I think about them every day.  It may seem silly to schedule our fast food outings, but it gives us something to look forward to and we don't end up over doing it and going a few times a week. You can have too much of a good thing. Next week is the next visit!!
Instant Folgers:  Coffee lovers will be disappointed to learn that I am sick with instant coffee.  It is just so easy to microwave the water and milk and then add the delicious crystals. I drink about 2-3 cups a day and have to hold myself from drinking more.
Blogs:  I stumbled into Gertie's Blog for Better Sewing over a year ago and I am still a big fan of hers. Her book is #2 on my wish list (Sorry Gertie, it is #2 only because the DIY book has tons of easy projects;).  Through that blog I found an entire online sewing community that is generous, caring and supportive.  I read The Sew Weekly started by Mena Trott, it is a group of women from all over the world sharing clothing items they make based on a weekly theme.  I love seeing so many different and beautiful creations.  I also ADORE the blog I Spy DIY by Jenni Raddsevich. Her new book I Spy DIY is #1 on my wish list. She has super cool DIYs, especially the jewelry. Design Sponge by Grace Bonney is my favorite right now, I am super sick with it;).  It covers design, re purposing, DIY and a series called "living in" where they identify a movie that it would be cool to "live in" and why. I added the links below so you can take a look if you like. These are a few of the bigger blogs I love, I read a few others that are very special and I will share about them in another post.
Photo of Milk Chocolate M&M'S® candies
Happy Tuesday!



http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/  Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing

http://www.sewweekly.com/
The Sew Weekly

http://www.ispydiy.com/
I Spy DIY

http://www.designsponge.com/

Design*Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.