Thursday, November 15, 2012

This is Christmas Tree Day!

I like to declare tree day on occasion and share the trees I've made recently.  This week I have been focused on finishing a few Christmas trees.  I love them and hope you do too.

I will start off with a few trees I tried as prototypes.  I think there are too fragile, but look pretty.

I love the polar bear, he makes the perfect winter prop.  This tree was fun to make but I don't like the cone look that much.  It is pretty and sparkly though and will be part of our miniature Nativity set.


This tree is pretty fragile but I love the texture and the star.  I am going to make one out of thicker wire to see if it can be perfected.  

Ok, here we go.  The stars of the show.


This tiny Christmas tree is made with gold wire so it has a little extra sparkle.  I love the deep green color of the glass beads.


This tiny Christmas tree is made with green wire, so I think it looks a bit fuller than the gold wire tree.  I love how they both turned out.  They are not packed with branches so look more like real trees to me.  This green wire tree is my favorite.



Esteban and the children love this tree the best.  It is fuller and takes more beads and time and is actually a little heavy for it's size.  I prefer the skinnier trees.  Which do you like better?

I have a few other things I've made and want to share.




This tree reminds me of trees that architects draw on building plans.  It has a unique textured top that I really like the look of.  I made it with very thin wire and will try a few in thicker wire, but I love the design.




It is a pin with a wire work cloud and glass bead rain drops.  The idea is that it's a cloud with a silver lining.  

Whew.  Thanks for taking a look at my latest wire creations.

I hope you have the best Tree Day ever.

3 comments:

  1. I love ALL your Christmas trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 2nd tree. Simple. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE them all, you are SO creative! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #57!

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.