Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Etsy-New Holiday Happenings!

You likely know Etsy from shopping on the handmade marketplace website or you may have a online shop of your own.  A few new things are going on at Etsy that I am not sure everyone knows about.  
Many shops (including mine) now have the ability to accept credit cards directly at check out through Etsy.  That means Etsy protects the transaction and it is no longer required to sign up for a PayPal account.  I know I've heard that opening and maintaining a PayPal account has been a deterrent for some when it comes to Etsy, no longer a problem.  Etsy calls it direct checkout and it works.

Etsy is also preparing to launch gift cards for the holiday season in October, You can read the Etsy News Blog Announcement of the giftcard here. Yes, finally.  So you will now be able to buy an Etsy gift card and the person you give it too can buy from several shops with one checkout.  Yea!

I think both of these things are exciting and will make it easier than ever to buy special handmade items from artists around the world.  Etsy is an easy way to get beautiful handmade items and support artists and makers directly.

I want to take this opportunity to highlight an Etsy shop that I think is amazing.

Handmade Artisan Jewelry by Annie Smith
Portland, Oregon

Annie is a blacksmith (cool right?) and she makes very special personal jewelry. Many items are personalized with your own words, names or initials.  Just click on the photo to go to the detailed listing.  Annie has more than 100 beautiful handmade items in her shop, so take a look when you get a chance.

Grace RIng, Personalized in Sterling SilverLove Is...Stacking Bands in Sterling Silver:  Hand Stamped PersonalizedSmall Isis Hoops in Hammered Brass

I mentioned that I have an Etsy shop (just click the sign below to go visit): 


Here are a few of my favorite items (click the photo to see the item details):
Pink Glass Tiny TreeDark Grey Wire Tiny TreeGreen and Silver Tiny Tree  

Keychain with a Black Lace Glass Gem and Initial CharmsGolden Tree and Full Moon NecklaceKeychain with a Black Glass Gem, a Pewter Lion Charm and a Brass Stamp "ROAR"

Midnight Pastoral Skull MagnetsKey Chain with a "Midnight Pastoral" Skull Glass Gem and Amazonite and shell beadsBlack Tree of Life Necklace

My trees can be made in many different colors and stones, including birthstones and mixed colors.  I enjoy custom orders because I get a chance to make something personal. 
I am now making key chains with unique and old fashioned Tim Holz hardware.  I think they make a great special small gift.

Please keep us in mind as you begin your holiday shopping.  Consider Etsy too, so many interesting things can be found there and you get a chance to buy something unique and handmade directly from the maker. 

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. HI Frances! Thanks for the sweet feature of my shop! Much appreciated. :) I love getting to know other Etsy sellers. *new follower* !!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.