Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Enchanting Butterfly and Grow Creative

I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to share with you some of the smaller blogs I love to read.  Today I will talk about two that I really enjoy.

The first is called The Enchanting Butterfly.  The owner of this beautiful blog is Luli and she takes and gathers the best photos!  From NYC at it's best to the Queen and her Jubilee, I continue to go back and look at some of the great shots posted throughout.  Luli also has the best quotes and she shares what she is currently reading.  I sometimes check what Luli is reading and then check the digital library so I can read it too.  I am a big fan, so check out Luli's blog when you get a chance.



Photo credit:  Getty

Photo credit:  Stefan Rousseau / PA Wire

This is Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield.  Another great photo.


When I am not up to making something I like to read about other people making things.  I found this lovely blog called Grow Creative where Elise shares her amazing watercolor paintings with us.  The best part is that she not only shares what she makes, she has several tutorials available where she teaches watercolor techniques.  One of the first craft gifts I got when I had some free time was a little watercolor set from Esteban, I can't wait to try some of Elise's tutorials.  I plan to watercolor with Isabel this summer so I will let you know how our paintings turn out.

Abstract Watercolor Tutorial

Progressive Watercolor Tutorial


I hope you take a look and enjoy these blogs as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my little blog. I'm glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances, I'm so honored and feel so happy! Thank you for writing all of those nice things. They made me feel warm and fuzzy! I'm actually going to go check out grow creative right now.

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.