Friday, June 15, 2012

I Made This!

Isabel and I are working on some new jewelry projects, but are not ready to unveil them just yet.  In the mean time, I have been making random things over the last month or so and wanted to share a few of them.  First are my bedroom curtains.  We had this burgundy colored curtain that was feeling really dark (and dusty) and I wanted to lighten things up a bit.  Last month we made a visit to Ikea.  I had not been in years, what a fun place.  In their fabric department they had muslin on sale for 99 cents a yard!!  Muslin is 100% cotton that has not been bleached or dyed so it looks light tan.  I picked up four yards and used every bit of it for the curtains.  I also had some tan rose print that I got from Joann's last year.  I did not have enough rose fabric to make all of the loops on top so I added thick blue ribbon that matches my bed covers.  They are very basic curtains but have made a big difference in my room.  A special thanks to Sebastian for removal and installation of the curtains.

Out with the old!

A close up of the rose material and the muslin together.
In with the new!  I put the rose material on top so I could see it all the time.
I like the little peek of blue from the ribbon loops.


The curtain ends just below the edge of the picture with a plain seam.

Next up is a bed I made for Luci.  I got this nice light green cotton material at Joann's (of course on sale).  I sewed an old blanket and a Styrofoam mat together to stuff it.  One side has Velcro so we can take off the green cover and wash it.  A special thanks to Isabel for helping put this together.  At first Luci smelled it and walked around it and around it.  She even tried to dig the stuffing out.  It took a few hours for her to lay down, but now it is her spot.  I tried to take pictures without her on it, but she insisted on modeling. 




I am currently working on embroidering a giraffe.  It is going to be a little pillow with a cute giraffe print on the other side.  I am making it for my brother's little girl.  I will show what it looks like when I'm done.  The project is from the book Embroider Everything Workshop by Diana Rupp.





Thanks for taking a look at my sewing and embroidery. 

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! I like the old curtains too. I bought fabric over a year ago to make curtains and I still haven't sewed them. Can you say lazy??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny. We are compatible cyber buddies for sure, that rose material was meant for a "pillow project" when I bout it like 7 months ago. Maybe these things were just not meant to happen, so better projects can emerge. I am going to stick with that;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.