Friday, June 29, 2012

Interesting Color Wheels

In order to be a better crafter, I am brushing up on color theory.  There is so much great information on the web about theory, too much to even begin to review them here.  But I did think that the first color wheel I saw was a little plain.  So I googled for the image and Oh Boy! are there a ton of images for the color wheel.  I collected a few that I liked the most to share with you.  The first is an antique version that is so striking.
Courtesy trendland.com


The next one is identified as an 18th Century French color wheel.  Leave it to the French to add a cherub to a color wheel;).
Courtesy trouvais.com

I think the next one is so fun and refreshing, it is made using fruits and vegetables.

Courtesy organicsoul.com
This next one was made by a flower seller and used for advertising.  Very clever and beautiful.

Courtesy thebudgetsavvybride.com


This last one is my favorite.  The wheel itself is very beautiful, and it includes hue, tint, shade and complement.  I am printing this one out for my desk.  I am very interested in the complement colors.

Courtesy cvhsdesign.edublogs.org


I hope you enjoyed this little look at color wheels.

Have a Happy Friday!



This is the first thing I painted using my watercolor set, I used a picture of a dragon in a book as my inspiration to draw it.  Not bad for my first watercolor since the third grade;).


2 comments:

  1. Not bad at all. Cute dragon! Ok, the color wheels are nice looking, but I feel like it's brain surgery. I have so much to learn...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the water color dragon. Do some more. Syl

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.