Friday, June 15, 2012

Special Father

My father is a very special man for many reasons.  I will share some of those with you in honor of Father's Day coming up in a few days.

He is living a life of service.  After the Air Force, my father returned to school and earned his nursing degree and started working for the Veteran's Administration hospital.  A soldier nursing other soldiers is special and takes a certain strength and compassion.  While still working at the VA, he returned to school and earned his Masters in nursing.  Now he helps facilitate the treatment of seriously injured soldiers returning from overseas.  I know how much he cares about the patients he works with.  I could not be more proud of what my Dad has accomplished professionally. 

He can do anything.  Seriously.  He has shown me again and again that when you set your mind to it anything is possible.   He is a real source of inspiration for me.  I feel like his love and support has helped me so much, much more than he knows. 

His Wife. She is a great match for him. Smart, sassy and with a strong sense of family; she brings a lot to the table in their relationship. Just a note here- Her holiday spreads are legendary and she has exquisite taste in pajamas.

He is a builder.  You should see the changes he has made to his house since they bought it, just magnificent. Not to mention the back yard.  I think he is rebuilding a whole other house right now.  I get my love of making things from him I think.

Grill Genius.  He has some kind of super human grill instincts.  He has a special brisket preparation, I just remember it sounding like angels singing with each and every bite.

He is an exercise demon.  He once participated in a 100 mile cycle race in the scorching summer heat.  He is an avid runner and swimmer.

My father is intense. Intense like there is a bright source of energy inside him.  I see that spark inside of Sebastian and Isabel and I can't wait to see how it materializes in each of them.

I feel very fortunate to have such a special father. 

I hope all of the special fathers out there have a great weekend.




1 comment:

  1. Love it, will show your Dad on Father's Day. I am glad you think I am a good match for your Dad and have great taste in Pj's....Love you Missy...keep Blogging. Syl

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.