Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sun Pod;) and Silk

I admit I let the heat get to me yesterday.  Sometimes it feels like we are living in a pod on the sun.  Luckily we have a giant bag of M&Ms in our sun pod;).
Also, I have to briefly discuss my winking.  I am a winker.  In real life and when I write;).  Sometimes when I go back to read my last paragraph, I find winks after every sentence.  I am working on not overwinking, but I must insist there will be times when a wink is absolutely critical.  Like now;).  No?  Not critical?  Ok, I'll keep working on it.
When I get heat restlessness I tend to turn to the computer for outside inspiration.  I wanted to see interesting graphic designs so I was clicking around on some design blogs and found Silk.  Yes, it sounds like a site selling scarves but this is something interesting.
Silk is an experiment in generative art.  Meaning art that continues to create after you initiate it.  How is that possible?  Basically you move your mouse across the screen and then wait for the magic to begin.  Sparks come from your mouse movements and then you see the silk materialize.  You control the initial movement then the program takes over and a new kind of art is born. Yuri Vishnevsky created the program while persuing his degree in Computer Science and Linguistics.

All I know is that Silk felt like a cool breeze yesterday.

You can reach the Silk site directly here.  I know it sounds weird, but I think you will be surprised at how fun it is to see the silk grow on your screen.

The images below are free screen savers available at the site and made using the Silk program.
I can't decide if I like the blue or red best.





The Silk wallpapers were designed by the inimitable Anand Sharma.

I hope you have a whimsical Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.