Saturday, June 2, 2012

Best Evil Queen and Paradise Found

Yesterday Isabel, Esteban and I went to see Snow White and The Huntsman.  I know there has been a lot of hype about the movie and some have given it bad reviews.  I am also a big fan of Once Upon A Time, the TV show about storybook characters including Snow White.  While these kinds of things usually keep me away from a movie, I was excited to go see this version of the story.  While there was magic and fairies, this seemed like it was more grounded in the real world.  For example, Snow White is dirty through most of the movie.  And I mean dirty, dark marks on her face, sloshing through sewage and her hands with dirty nails.  The queen was evil like I have never seen, but there were moments when I felt sad for her.  Charlize Theron was amazing.  The dwarfs were also funny and the special effects were sharp and not overdone.  I liked the movie very much.  It has a Lord of the Rings meets Lady Hawke flavor. If you like that kind of thing you should go see it.



Before the movie we were starving and had lunch at Paradise Bakery.  I have not been there in a really long time, so it was nice to see that the place is even better than I remember.  Hey, Esteban's half walnut chicken salad sandwich is not pictured because he began inhaling it before I could get a snap in;)  My salad is not pictured because I deleted it by accident:) yikes.

Photo
Photo
Isa had the French Onion soup in a bread bowl.
I had the new chicken avocado salad, it had little bits of bacon.  And bacon improves everything;)

Have a great Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I love that tv show on ABC too. Once Upon a time. The actors are so good at playing their characters. I can't wait until Season 2 starts. I saw Snow White and the Huntsman last weekend. It was so good. very modern. Snow White saved herself!! It was well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember watching LadyHawke at your apt... Ray said that was yalls favorite movie...andrea

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.