Thursday, August 30, 2012

Family Visit Adventures-Part 3 My Parents

Having my parents here was wonderful.  I am going to brag about them a little.  My dad has his Masters in Nursing and works for the VA hospital transitioning wounded soldiers home. My step Mom, Sylvia works as a personnel executive for the military.  They plan to retire next year and do some traveling and finishing their vacation home.  My father is a Do It Yourself savant and has basically rebuilt the house including:  plumbing, electrical, siding, roof, porch, garage, windows, drywall and woodwork.  Whew, makes me tired just typing it all up;).  Anyway, my Dad would not have been able to do it without my step Mom's love and support.  They make a great team.
My Dad, Sylvia and I.
Isabel and Sebastian with their Grandpa.
My kids love their Grandpa and keep telling me how good it was to see him.  Luci also adores my Dad and would go to him when he was here.
Sylvia has a way with children.  She spent time with Isabel and gave her some great advice that I think will help her as she becomes a teen.  Isabel really appreciated spending quality time with Sylvia watching TV and just hanging out.  I know that my Brother's little girl Libby liked Sylvia the best and would hold her hand and play with her (we were all so jealous).  Libby called Sylvia Ya Ya and she called my Dad Grandpa.

Esteban with Sylvia, Sebastian and Isabel.
My Dad and I.
Tomorrow I will post the last Family Visit installment that includes my Brother and a baseball game.


Have an Outstanding Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. I love your blog today. Can't wait to show your Dad but being the man he is he came home mowed the lawn, did a 30 minute run, 30 minutes in the sauna and now is swimming. That's just the kind of man he is. We love you Tanya and you have a great family. I bragged at work today of Sebastian and how he is such a sweet young man. Don't tell him I called him sweet....but he is. Spoke of how Isabel has so much of you in her. She is a great student and just needs some direction going into her teenage years. She will be a strong woman and we need more of them in our world. My Friends love the trees and we have displayed them in our offices. Marina wore her necklace to school on Wednesday. Keep blogging. Syl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome pictures. And the last one of u and your dad. So beautiful. I can see your heart beating through. Makes me tear that I couldn't visit. Lots of love! Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I'm not going to embarass you but you have such a beautiful family. Your dad is soo handsome and your lovely stepmum! I'm glad they have each other. And I'm glad you all have each other. Family is so important. Also, you are so cute. You have your dad's eyes and nose, I think. Ok, enough gushing. Bye bye.

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.