Friday, August 10, 2012

Tree Day is Finally Here!

Happy Friday And Tree Day!

On tree day I like to parade the trees I've made that you have not seen yet.

Here we go:

This first one is made of semi precious Citrine chip beads and gold colored brass wire.  This photo is in direct sunlight so the stones look clear.



This is the same Citrine Tree, but in darker indirect light so the stones look amber.  Real life light produces a color somewhere in the middle.

The next tree is made of white stone chips and gold colored brass wire.  This brass wire is 26 gauge, which means it is pretty thin, I am experimenting with slimmer trunks.

The white stones are tough to photograph well.  I do like the gold trunk though.

Next is a bare tree with no leaves.  What do you think of naked trees?

This one was a bit of an experiment, but I really like the way it turned out.  The kids are not sure, they say it looks a little sad without leaves.  I think that is the point, this is a tree in winter.  What do you think?

The next tree was made for a friend to incorporate the birthstone colors of her family.  Initially I could not find a turquoise equivalent so I dyed the clear chips blue.  The dye did not take well and kept turning my finger blue whenever I would touch the tree.  Yikes.  Luckily, I was able to find a nice blue glass that will work instead, the tree on the bottom is the replacement with the new blue chips.  I like the combination, and am so glad she suggested mixing birthstone colors for a custom tree.  What a bright idea.

This last photo is of my latest tree of life pendants.  I completed the smallest one during our errands.  I find that if I take a pouch of craft supplies when I know I have to wait, the time just flies.

I am excited that I was able to make the pendant so small.  The smallest is just a bit larger than a quarter.  Now that I have the right size, I am experimenting with color and bead type. 

That is Tree Day!  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Hope your Friday is the best ever.


Tomorrow is Top 10 Movie Day.  Hint:  There is a large moon in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.