Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Macrame Love

I love macrame.  I remember my mother made those plant holders when I was a kid, they were so pretty.  Now macrame is hot again.  You see it everywhere and I am trying my hand at a few knots.  I found a detailed resource that I use regularly, and I want to share it with you.  The website is free-macrame-patterns.com.  I am going to add the link to my embroidery tab.  This robust site has patterns for traditional macrame designs as well as small scale macrame like the kind used in jewelry.  There are step by step instructions throughout.

The Knot Page is amazing (my favorite) and has different sections like Square Knots, Larks Head Designs, Unique Decorative Knots and Celtic Knots.  

You can click on the knot below and the link will take you to the free-macrame-patterns.com site with step by step instructions.  Here are the Celtic Knots I love the most and am trying to master:


Josephine Knot


Sailor's Knot

Celtic Heart Knot

Celtic Heart Knot

Photos Courtesy:  http://www.free-macrame-patterns.com/learn-macrame.html


Here is a quick picture of a few of my practice knots.  The top one is a heart knot and The bottom knot is a Josephine.



Free Macrame Patterns is a wonderful site with so much to offer, take a look if you get a chance.

I hope you have an outstanding Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.