Thursday, July 19, 2012

Further Evidence of Genius

Yesterday I found an old folder with two pages left inside.  Both are at least five years old; one page had two of Sebastian's little sketches and the other page had a fish that Isabel colored.  I was stunned at how beautiful they are.  See for yourself.

 This is Isabel's beautiful fish that she colored when she was around 8 years old.  I love that color orange.
 These sketches were done when Sebastian was 13 or 14 years old.  I think the eyes on the gorilla are full of expression.
 I had a bit of trouble getting a great photo of the owl.  I think it is one of the loveliest owl drawings I have ever seen.
The soft feathers on the chest are amazing, he really captured a personality with this owl.

Ok, maybe not genius, but my children are pretty darn fantastic.  Now if I could just get them to tidy up a bit more;).

The weekend is in sight.  The children want to see some small film I think has to do with a bat.  Yes.  Batman.  I am hesitant because of the darkness.  I fell asleep during the last one.  It may be the dark, the cold or the comfy chairs, but basically I nod off during movies in the theater.  Don't tell anyone, I go mostly for the treats.  Shhhh.

Have a wonderful Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics. They are very talented. I love owls. Your brother bought me 8 pair of owl earrings on eBay. Less than 4 dollar each. They were great. And all from China. Hope the movie is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I read your post the day before the terrible Colorado shooting and I thought of you and kids going to see the show this weekend. i know we have to live our lives and not let those terrible people scare us into not having fun but it sure makes you think. Remember the shoot out at the Tucson Mall. i told everyone we where at the shoot out at the OK Corral. Never know where you will be when people go crazy. Be careful and enjoy the movie. Lot's of love, Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures the kids made. Marina is requesting we go to that mall we went to when we visited that had the kiosk that sold all the owl jewelry. She lost the owl she purchased from there. Her Highschool had an Owl as their mascot. Loves from Texas, Syl

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.