Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Off to Camp

It was early Monday morning and I could tell she was nervous.  We arrived early, about 7:30am and dropped off her suitcase with the counselors.  We continued the check in process and finished in about 20 minutes.  Then we waited in a meeting room and met other counselors and campers.  At about 9:30am everything was ready and they loaded onto the buses.  I got to give her a big hug, and got very teary as she walked away.  I love her so much and hope she has the best time ever.

Take a look at a few photos of the morning:





Isabel is always her own girl.  I admire that about her and feel proud that she is my daughter.  I miss her already and can't wait to hear about all of her adventures.


I had my monthly check up today and all is still going well, my break will continue.  It looks like I will get several more months if all stays well.  I asked Doc if this was remission.  She said no.  She said remission is when the scans are clear.  My scans are not clear, at all.  But not growing is good.  She said the indications are that the medications I am taking are keeping things from growing and spreading.  She said that with other patients there is often a return of growth and I should be prepared for that.  Even with no growth, liver function may dictate a return to chemo.  Basically I have to continue to take good care of myself.  All I know is-I am going to do the best I can to take advantage of this gift of time.  

Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Isabel looked a little confused....not the right word but ready to get on that bus and make it a fun trip. You I am concern for but you are in a good place with doing the best in taking care of yourself. Love always, Syl

    ReplyDelete

Tell it like it is! I appreciate your comment.